Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Bye Bye Baby Teeth!

Last summer Claire had her first lost tooth and lost another one shortly after, but she hadn't had any more loose teeth until last week.  Last Monday night (June 21st), she told me one was loose, so we'd started keeping an eye on it.  When I picked her up from summer program on Tuesday, she told me it was really loose.  I said "Do you want me to try to pull it for you?"  She said "I'll try it.  Oh!  There it is!"
IMG_3506

The matching one on the other side came out a few days later.

Robert and I had been talking about setting up a consultation with another dentist to check her two front top teeth.  They've always been small, and since her bottom two permanent teeth came in last year, they'd really worn down the two top ones.  Then yesterday she got a funny look on her face and told me she had another loose tooth.  I checked, and both of her front teeth were wiggling.  Finally!

Today she couldn't stop wiggling one of them.  I checked this morning, and it wasn't budging easily, so I suggested leaving it alone for awhile.  That advice was ignored.  :)  The kids went over to my parents house for a couple of hours this afternoon while I took care of some volunteer stuff, and on our way home, she told me she was going to pull it.  I was driving and couldn't stop her - I heard "Ow! Ow! Ow!  There it is!"  She may be little, but she is tough and brave!
IMG_3573

Three teeth gone in 8 days.  I love her little Jack O Lantern grin!

No comments: