Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Summer at Sea World

We went to Sea World twice in July.  The first trip was just me and the kids.  I wanted to make a point to see more shows on these visits, so for the first time, we saw the "Pets Ahoy" show, and it was a huge hit with the kids, especially our animal lover, Will.  I particularly liked that it was air conditioned.  :)  It's a really cute show with dogs, cats, birds, pot belly pigs, and other animals, most of which are rescue animals.  We also saw "Azul" with beluga whales, dolphins, and lots of acrobatics.

A big portion of our morning was spent at the splash pad.  We don't get a lot of opportunities to play at splash pads, especially ones this big, so the kids always get excited to run around and get really wet.
SW Splash Pad

IMG_3441

After I dried them off and got them some lunch, we had time for a ride on the Shamu Express.  On our last trip with Daddy, I checked and realized that Claire was tall enough to ride by herself, so I told them we could go on it if I could ride with Will and Claire rode in front of us.  She was SO excited to get to ride alone - she likes being a big girl.  :)
IMG_3450

IMG_3451

After the ride she told me that she smiled really big for the ride camera.  So cute!

We got to go back the next week, this time with our sweet McCormick friends.  We always love getting time with them.  We saw 3 shows ("Cannery Row Caper" with sea lions and a huge walrus, "Azul" again, and the Shamu show), played in the splash pad, saw lots of animals, and rode the Shamu coaster again.  I totally failed on the photo front - the only one I took was this one of Claire and Will (they wanted a picture with the seal).
IMG_3490

Next time I'll get a photo of all four kids together!

No comments: