Sunday, July 27, 2014

Weird Animals!

Instead of a traditional Vacation Bible School, our church does something called Backyard Bible Club.  We had about 12 church families in the area who volunteered to be host homes during BYBC week.  We all had the same theme and activities (Weird Animals) and met for four nights, with the 5th day activities held at church the next Sunday morning.

One of the host homes was down the street from us, which was fun and convenient!  Claire was old enough to fully participate this year, and I volunteered so that Will could come for a portion of the activities, too.  I was a crew leader, which means that I had a group of about 5 kids that I supervised as we went around to each of the different stations. I loved getting to spend time with other kids from our church and our neighborhood and help them learn about Jesus and how much He loves them!  Each night Robert came over after work to help out where he could, and usually, to take Will home a little early (he got restless halfway through).

Claire and Will singing and doing the motions during worship time
IMG_3195

IMG_3196

My crew at the Critter Cafe (snack station)
IMG_3184


No comments: