Tuesday, July 29, 2014

A&M Girls' Weekend

I have an amazing group of friends from my time at A&M, and I love when we can make time in our busy schedules to spend time together catching up and reconnecting.  In the days of social media, it's easier to know what each of our families have been up to, but it's nothing like seeing each other in person and getting to talk about how we are all actually doing.

These ladies have such a treasured place in my heart.  I've made a lot of good friends since my time at A&M, but there is something special about being with a group of women who knew me before I was a mother, before I was a wife, before I had a career...and no matter how much time has passed since we've last seen each other, we can pick up right where we left off.  I am so blessed!

Jill and Melissa arrived at Lindsay's house on Friday night, and I flew up on Saturday morning.  They picked me up from the airport, and we met Courtney at the nail salon for pedicures.  After some pampering, we treated ourselves to brunch at Breadwinners, another one of my favorite restaurants that I miss from our time in Dallas.  We all commented that it felt so strange to not be checking our watches to make sure we were adhering to a schedule!  Our day of leisure continued with some time at the mall and a movie (The Fault in Our Stars).  Courtney had to leave us, and Jill, Melissa, Lindsay and I ate dinner at Gloria's before driving back to Lindsay's to relax over s'mores, a glass of wine, and another fun movie (Pitch Perfect).

A&M Girls

Jill and I drove back to San Antonio on Sunday refreshed and ready to see our families.  It was a wonderful weekend with good friends, good conversation, and good food.  Hope we can do it again soon!!!

No comments: