Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Will's Nursery

The nursery is still missing a few touches that I want to add - mainly photos and a couple of shelves - but I don't want to wait any longer to share photos.

When you walk in, the armoire is to your left, and then you have the crib, his closet, glider (which you will all recognize from the chair pictures!), and dresser.
IMG_6983
IMG_6982

IMG_6969
The dresser is from Ikea. We have a larger one in white from the same line in Claire's room, and it still looks good after almost 3 years of use. Love Ikea!

Dad and I painted the armoire shortly before Will was born. I really wish I'd taken a "before" photo - it was a major transformation. I've had the armoire since high school. The poly coating had yellowed, and the brass hardware had definitely seen better days. I replaced the knobs and handles and spray painted the hinges. So happy with how it turned out. Still need a photo for that frame...


IMG_6978
The quilt was a gift from Lindsay, and will be moved once we stop swaddling him and he has use of his hands while in the crib (which is something that needs to happen, but I'm scared of how it might affect his sleeping!).


IMG_6975
The prints above the crib are by Larry Stephenson. We got them at the Main Street Arts Festival the night we got engaged - we bought one of his originals to celebrate, and when the artist saw us admiring these prints, he threw them in for free. We always thought we'd eventually find a place for them, and now they are in our son's room. :) Robert and Dad did the custom framing job. We got some quotes and decided that we could do something ourselves. We found frames that were the right height, and Robert and Dad cut them down to fit. They did a great job!


IMG_6974
I love his room and am happy with how it turned out!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love how it turned out! Glad you like your quilt. =)

Friends of Kate said...

Love, love, love it!

The Roberts' said...

Adorable room! I also am scared to stop swaddling - Elliot's arms do not stop moving if he's on his back, & his hands constantly go to his mouth & knocks his paci out & then he wants it back... ah! Let me know how it goes & what you do, if anything, to help the transition!