Thursday, September 23, 2010

32 and 35

32 and 35 were important numbers for me this week - I reached 32 weeks of pregnancy on my 35th birthday. 35...most of the time, I feel like I'm still in my late 20's, but I'm feeling my age lately with this pregnancy (although it's going super smoothly and I really don't have any major complaints!). :)


32 Weeks

Claire came into our room on my big day fairly early, as usual, and she and Robert sang "Happy Birthday" to me - or as Claire says it, "Happa ba day, Mama!" They had flowers and cards, and it was a great start to the day, especially since Claire rarely sings and she was doing her best to keep up with Robert.


IMG_5771

That evening, Robert brought home a red velvet cake from my favorite bakery in town. Claire was so excited about having a piece and kept shoving her plate and spoon over towards the cake. She had a really hard time waiting for another round of singing and for me to blow out the candle!


IMG_5778

She perked up after the singing was over, though, when she realized cake time was really close. It was yummy!


IMG_5782

I got lots of messages and cards from friends and family, and I had so many reminders of how blessed I am - my amazing husband, sweet daughter, healthy baby, wonderful family and friends, and the list goes on and on. Although I'm starting to see a few lines around the eyes, I can definitely say that the 30's are my best decade yet!

I had an appointment with the doctor today, and everything continues to look great. She measured my belly for the first time, and it measured exactly 32 weeks. I'm glad that the appointments have been so uneventful, and hope this trend continues for the next several weeks.

I think the baby has had a couple of growth spurts lately, because there have been days where my belly just feels incredibly tight and sore, and then it's totally fine the next day. I'm also seeing the growth on the scale, but at least it mostly seems to migrate to my belly area. :) 7-ish more weeks to go!

3 comments:

bb said...

Oh my goodness... how I laughed at the picture of Claire with her head down. AWESOME! Happy belated birthday, and soooo happy for you and an uneventful pregnancy. I have forgotten what that's like. The belly looks AWESOME too!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lindsay said...

This time I am going to say that YOU are the cutest thing ever. That seriously belongs in a pregnancy magazine. You look amazing!!!

Really wish I could see you this weekend in D or next in SA. Sorry we are so crazy around here!

Anonymous said...

So glad that your pregnancy is going well! You're looking good! And Claire is cute, as usual. :) I tried to send y'all an email I while back when you sent your pregnancy announcement, but I never heard anything back. I think I sent it to both of you, but maybe the addresses weren't current. Anyway, congrats! Love, Tanesa