Thursday, January 12, 2012

A night away

Last weekend Robert and I were able to use a credit we had at the Driskill in Austin for a little getaway.  My parents came for the weekend, and Robert and I left on Friday afternoon.  We started out by renting bikes for a ride around Town Lake.  It was the first time I'd ridden a bike in years, and I managed to not totally wreck - although I did have one close call.  We got cleaned up and walked to Frank for dinner, a place we've been wanting to try for awhile.  After enjoying our hot dogs, cheese waffle fries, and beer, we got a bacon chocolate chip cookie for the road and got a pedicab to take us to the mini golf place.

photo

It was a nice night, so we walked back to the hotel, stopping to browse at Waterloo Records and the flagship Whole Foods.  The next morning we enjoyed breakfast at one of our favorites, Magnolia Cafe (pancakes for me and enchiladas with verde sauce for Robert, as usual), before driving back to San Antonio refreshed and ready to see the rest of the family.  It was a great little getaway, and I hope we can do it more often!

No comments: