Saturday, September 17, 2011

Buddy Bucks

Claire loves to go to the grocery store.  Every day she asks if we can go to the store.  A big part of the fun is the people watching, but her favorite part is getting Buddy Bucks. Our grocery store gives these little certificates to kids for the Buddy Buck machine.  The machine dispenses stickers of different point values, and you can save up your points and redeem them for little prizes.  Claire isn't interested in the redemption - it's just the process of putting them in the machine, slamming the button as hard and as fast as you can, and getting your stickers.  And don't dare try to put the bucks in the machine for her - "I'm a Big Girl!  I can DO IT!  I don't NEED your HELP."  Don't ask how many times I hear that each day.  :)

I'm sure my parents are laughing right now...the apple has not fallen far from the tree.

IMG_0620
IMG_0621


1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

You are so right! We both laughed aloud when we read that. We remember well the days of, "I can do it myself," and "I can 'wite' my own name."