Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Last weekend

This past weekend was our last one as a family of 3! Kind of hard to believe. We spent most of Saturday running some last minute errands, doing things around the house, and getting things ready for the baby. Claire is really fascinated by all of the baby equipment, and I think we may have a few fights on our hands. It doesn't help that she can still fit into some of the items. She finds the baby papasan chair that we just inherited from Team McCormick especially comfortable:


IMG_0547

After church on Sunday, we drove to Austin so that I could got to a baby shower for my friend Jennie. Jennie is one of my friends from Dallas, and I was so happy that there was a shower close enough (and before my due date) that I could attend.


DSC_1197

I can't wait to meet Baby P! Before the shower, we had time for burgers (and a hot dog for Claire) at Hut's and a quick trip over to Zilker Park to ride the mini train. The weather was perfect, and Claire loved waving at everyone we passed by. While I was at the shower, Robert took Claire on a little tour of the UT campus. I think it's time for a trip to College Station - she's getting a little too comfortable with Austin!

Zillker train

Robert and Claire picked me up after the shower, and we ran up to Ikea in Round Rock to try to find a chair for Claire's room to replace the glider that would be moving to the nursery. She enjoyed trying them all out, and we found one we thought would work. She seems to enjoy it - here she is watching Elmo in the living room before we moved it into her room:

New chair


It was a typical weekend for us, and it was so nice to get in some good family time before things get super hectic around here in a few days!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

We called the baby papasan the "magic chair" with AJC. I hope it will be magic for you, too!

I still can't believe you rode that train 39 weeks pregnant! Ouch!