Wednesday, November 10, 2010

39 Weeks and D(ue) Day -1

Today I am 39 weeks pregnant and look like I have stuffed a basketball under my shirt:


39 Weeks 2


39 weeks 3


At this point, I've gained right at 35 pounds, which is just within my goal. The guideline for someone of a healthy weight is 25-35 pounds, and since I have to eat during the first trimester to keep from getting sick, I tend to start gaining early rather than losing weight due to being sick. So, for me, I think the higher part of the range is reasonable. Plus, I gained 42 pounds with Claire and know that some of those should be attributed to too much queso and cake, so I'm really happy with where I've ended up. I have very little swelling and can still wear my wedding and engagement rings and fit into all of my shoes. :) The swelling was bad the past couple of weeks, but now that I've started my maternity leave and am not sitting at a desk all day, it's pretty much gone away. It's funny to me that being up and doing things helps so much! I'm feeling really good for this point - I'm just glad that I've been able to get so much done.

From the beginning, I wasn't sure if I would go for a repeat C-section or try for a VBAC. After discussing it with Robert and my doctor, we decided that we would schedule the C-section right around 39 weeks, and if I went into labor before then, we would see how it went. Since my C-section is scheduled for tomorrow (eek!) and I'm showing no signs of labor, as expected, it looks like that is the way things will go. So, we will meet Baby L2 tomorrow! It's really surreal to know the exact day and time that this baby will arrive, but it's been nice to have a "deadline."

Mom and Dad are coming today to be here for the big day and to stay with Claire while R and I are in the hospital. It's such a blessing that they are able to work around our schedules so easily! I am spending D Day -1 finishing up the nursery, getting the house in order (fortunately I was able to find someone who is doing all the deep cleaning right now while I update the blog and work on my other projects!), and just trying to get a little rest before the sleepless nights begin.

I would like to ask you to please keep us in your prayers tomorrow, specifically that:
  • God's hands will be on the doctors and nurses, and the procedure will go smoothly and free of any complications,
  • Baby L2 will be strong and healthy,
  • My recovery will be quick and easy as possible,
  • Claire will fall in love with her little brother and be able to adjust to going from being an only child to a big sister as smoothly as possible,
  • Nursing will go easier than it did with Claire, and
  • That we will be able to maintain positive attitudes during the period of sleep deprivation!

The next post should be an introduction of our son - how crazy is that!

7 comments:

LauraC said...

Good luck tomorrow! Will be thinking of you and your entire family.

Can I throw in an extra prayer of a relatively easy baby? :)

bb said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the belly!!! I can't believe the time is here!!!!!! Many prayers for you and family that everything goes well tomorrow and beyond. Can't wait to meet your little guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shaunna said...

Praying for you---Can't believe the BIG DAY is here!! Looking forward to seeing pics of baby boy...And seeing how everything goes! We will be right where you are in just a few short months---WOW!!

Lindsay said...

You look gorgeous. Can't wait to see his face and hear his name. I'm SO GLAD I get to come meet him soon!

Maria said...

You look SO good! Will be thinking about you tomorrow! I can't believe it is already that time...

Anonymous said...

We're praying for you, Amy!
Love you,
Tanesa

Aunt Nancy said...

I'm praying for you and Baby L2 during the delivery and after, as well as Claire and Robert. Can't wait to see pictures.
Love you,
Aunt Nancy