Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Getting crafty

I have a huge list of sewing projects that I've been wanting to tackle, and I finally got a couple completed! I have a ton of fun fabric, and I've really been wanting to try to make some cute burp cloths. I used this tutorial, and I made a couple for L2 first:


IMG_5931

I made a nursing cover when I was pregnant with Claire out of the polka dot fabric, so these will match.

I also made a couple for my friend Jennie. Her shower was on Sunday, so I was motivated to get them finished quickly!


IMG_5932

The seams aren't perfect, but I'm happy with how they turned out and will be making more of these in the future. Such a fun and easy project.

2 comments:

Jenni said...

That is a great, easy tutorial! I don't turn under the long edges, but line each long side with ribbon and just sew down on both edges of the ribbon. Then I just turn under the short edges to catch the raw fabric edge. This would certainly be nice when I don't have ribbon to coordinate!

The adventures of a lifetime said...

And, I absolutely LOVE them!! I can't wait to get all kinds of spit-up on them (: These are the burb clothes I can bring in public. I LOVED seeing you at the shower, I was so grateful you made the trip...you're one of my favorite friends. Love you. Praying for you tomorrow.