Monday, December 07, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

As per family tradition, we spent Thanksgiving at my parents' house in North Texas. There was a full house as always, and the big hit this year was the smoked turkey that was almost an afterthought. Oh, and of course all of the desserts, including two of my favorites - red devil's food cake and graham cracker pie. I think I had at least one piece of cake or pie at every meal (except breakfast!). My trainer would've been so proud! Being able to indulge occasionally is why I work out, though. :)

We hadn't made the drive to Nana and Granddaddy's since Christmas last year, and we figured out that C's limit is about 5 1/2 hours (this is when the screaming began in earnest). Unfortunately the drive is a little over 6. She is still rear-facing, and I'm considering turning her around at Christmas, but we haven't decided for sure yet. I figure once you turn them around, you can't go back, and I like the additional safety that rear-facing provides, but I'm wondering if trips might be more pleasant for all of us when she can face forwards. We'll see.

Except for the drive, Claire had a great time. She thoroughly enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner and all the leftovers (especially the dressing, twice baked potatoes and broccoli cheese casserole). She also enjoyed the new toys that Nana got for her, and having so many people to play with. We were all so happy that Aunt Nancy and Uncle Kerbow were able to come for awhile on Friday. We've missed seeing them!


IMG_3706


IMG_3708




IMG_3709




IMG_3721




IMG_3723

1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

It was great having everyone here--so much fun watching Claire playing with everyone and knocking down all the block towers we built!