Monday, December 14, 2009

A Few Random Things About Claire

I have several little stories and funny things about Claire to share! Most of these I had planned on making into their own posts, but I’ve realized that if I don’t write them down soon, I’ll forget them all!

  • A few weeks ago, some friends of ours were in town and we met them out for dinner. We ended up getting home over an hour after C’s bedtime, and she was so tired. I changed her diaper and was about to put her in her pj’s when she hopped up, ran over to her crib, and started pointing to it and doing the sign for “please.” I was so surprised that she was asking me to put her to bed – first (and probably last) time that has happened!
  • C loves it when I sing to her, and we always sing a couple rounds of “Jesus Loves Me” and “You Are My Sunshine” before I put her to bed. She’s started saying “more” or signing “please” after I finish, so I’ve had to add a couple of songs – and give her advance warning that “this is the last one” to satisfy her.
  • We’ve added something new to the bath time routine that she loves. Claire was starting to get fussy every time I took her out of the bath – I think because she knows that bed time is coming. After wrapping her in a towel, I started holding her close and singing “Rock-a-bye Baby” and acting like I was going to drop her when I got to the “baby will fall” line. She thinks it’s hilarious and now she starts snuggling and giggling as soon as I start singing, and I love the extra snuggle time because she likes for me to hold her really close as I rock her in my arms back and forth. I also start getting the “please” sign to sing it again before the song is even over – “please” is her universal sign that she wants something!
  • Whenever I pick C up at school or from the church nursery, she’s starting running towards me as fast as those little legs will carry her and throwing herself full force into me for a hug. One of the best parts of my day! Then she grabs her jacket from her cubby and runs to the door ready to go, then looks back at me like “what is taking you so long?”
  • Claire has gotten really good at blowing kisses and has started to give them to Robert and I unprompted. It’s so cute and warms my heart every time.
  • We went to the Christmas parade in Boerne a little over a week ago, and C’s favorite parts were the music and the big trucks pulling the floats. Girl loves trucks!
  • Claire has learned a new way to show me what she wants – she’ll grab my hand and pull me over to wherever something is. Nothing like being drug around by a 20 month old! Lately she likes to pull me over to the stairs – we’ve been spending more time in the playroom, and she loves to go up there. She climbs up the stairs like a little monkey, but every once in awhile she’ll stop, look up, and get this expression on her face like “I still have that many more steps to go?”
  • Claire still loves to dance, and she’s added some new moves to her repertoire – bobbing her head side to side, spinning in a circle, and stomping her feet. We always listen to music in the playroom, and she’s started stopping down for some commercials. I also record “Glee” and fast forward to the musical numbers for her – they really get her going! Must get a video of it soon!

2 comments:

Amy's Mom said...

So fun to read about the many cute things Claire is doing. Looking forward to the video!

Lindsay said...

Love reading those little stories! She is such a doll.