Thursday, August 06, 2009

Weekend With the Girls

Has it really been over a week since my last post? I was on a good roll there!

Last weekend we headed up to the DFW area. I was helping host a baby shower for one of "the A&M Girls" on Saturday, so Robert and I decided to make it a three day weekend. We packed in a lot! Robert had plans to meet some of his former co-workers for lunch at Twisted Root while Claire and I met one of my former co-workers and her two girls at Chuy's. I hadn't seen Brandi since before the move, and we had a great time catching up. Claire was enthralled by her girls, especially the older one who is almost 3, and she sat in her high chair for over an hour and a half before getting fussy. I couldn't believe I was able to have a long lunch!

We ran a couple of errands and then headed to Arlington to spend the night with Robert's grandparents. It was a short visit, but it's always good to see them. Saturday morning we drove to Allen for the shower and to stay with Courtney, Jared and Pierce.

Melissa's shower was so much fun. We had a dessert theme - look at that spread!





After Melissa's baby is born, everyone in our little group will be married with child/ren, so this may be the last shower for our gang - hard to believe! I failed to get a group picture, but I'll try to post one when I get it (Courtney/Melissa - can you send me one?)

During the shower Robert and Jared took Claire and Pierce over to the Crawfords for a Daddy Playdate. It didn't sound like there were too many tears, so I call that a success. Pierce was born the same week as Claire, and it has been wonderful to have such a close friend with a child the same age - I just wish we lived closer to each other! We loved watching the two of them interact (and I don't know how I managed to not get a picture of them together - oops!). Claire was enthralled with Pierce's books, and they both kept pulling books out for us to read to them - usually at the same time.


That evening all of the girls and families met up for dinner at Babe's. It was the first time in over a year that we've all been able to spend that much time together, and it's always warms my heart to spend time with these old friends. I miss you all so much!

Sunday morning we got up (early - thanks kiddos!) and went to breakfast at Breadwinners before Robert, Claire and I drove back to San Antonio. On our way home we stopped in Austin to pick up an enlargement from our photo session in May - I'll have to post a picture once we get it situated. We had a fabulous time - just wish it could've been a little longer!

4 comments:

ashtheflash said...

Mmmm, I miss Breadwinners. Sounds like you had a great trip! Love Claire's haircut too.

bb said...

The shower spread looked so yummy - and perfect for a pregnant lady. I hope she, and all of you, indulged1

LauraC said...

I know why you didn't get a picture of two one year olds together. ha ha!

I have to agree, those desserts look SO YUMMY. Also I saw a pic on facebook where Lindsay was tagged of the four of you... so I'm sure it exists.

Krys said...

Thanks for stopping by :) Good luck on your breakfast room table - sanding is key! I can't wait to see the results.
That is such a beautiful shower set up, I love the apothecary jars with treats!