Monday, August 24, 2009

And So It Begins...

This morning I was getting Claire dressed, and when I went to put on one of her pairs of "school" shoes, she started to loudly protest. She then jumped up and started pointing at something on one of her shelves. I realized that she was pointing at her dress shoes (they're not fancy, but she usually doesn't wear them to school). She likes to play with her shoes, so I handed them to her, and she started trying to put them on her feet. I took off her other shoes to put on her nicer ones, and she started smiling and pointing at them. This is the first time she's ever showed a preference for clothing - should I be scared that it's starting so early?


5 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

Oh yes...be very afraid! It really is remarkable for her age. At least her preference was for two of the same shoes!!! :)

bb said...

Hilarious!

My mother asked me this weekend if ARB had even had a pair of shoes on her feet yet. I had to admit - no.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like she enjoys her pretty things. She does have good taste! She looked so pleased with herself after she got them on. How funny!!
Aunt Nancy

Sheila Abel said...

Today it's baby shoes, tomorrow it's Manolo Blaniks, Jimmy Chu's,
Prada's! Sheila

ashtheflash said...

I'm happy that you let her wear them. My sister has spent countless hours arguing with my niece about what she's going to wear (over the past 8 years). It always seems like such a waste of energy to me!