Wednesday, November 05, 2008

"Life With a Baby", A.K.A "A Few Things I've Given Up On"

1. Trying to keep things from getting messy when feeding Claire. She likes to stick her hands in her mouth constantly, which makes for a mess when said mouth is full of some vegetable puree. We'd tried holding her hands, and that just seemed to frustrate her. On Monday, I decided to let her do it her way, so I just stripped her down and fed her before her bath. This was the result:

A baby covered in carrots, but she's happy and smiling! And believe it or not, she actually got more in her tummy than she did on her skin, Bumbo, counter, piece of fruit behind her, etc. I even got most of it wiped off before the bath.

2. Trying to keep her from eating Ellie when taking the weekly picture. I present you with last weeks' 29 week pictures...

and yesterday's 30 week pictures.



It was School Picture Day, which is why she's so dressed up. I think my period of a little baby sitting quietly for her picture is over. :)

4 comments:

bb said...

That's one cute and messy baby! Love it!

Amy's Mom said...

I love ALL of the pictures--covered with carrots, whatever, she's still darling!

Lindsay said...

Teeth! Are those teeth?

Amy L said...

Oh, yes - those are teeth. She's had them for almost two months now, and I can feel the edge of one of her top front teeth now - should be visible in a day or two. Crazy!