Saturday, September 27, 2008

What the “TiFaux” is Watching – Fall ’08

Inspired by Lindsay, I’m doing my version of her regular “What the Tivo is Watching” posts. When we moved to San Antonio we decided to go with AT&T U-Verse, meaning that I had to give up my TiVo since I had an old one that was built in to a DirecTV receiver. Therefore, I’m calling the AT&T DVR “TiFaux.”

Based on the Entertainment Weekly Fall TV Preview issue and what we already regularly watch, this is what is recording. I’ll do an update later on to show what I actually ended up watching on our new gargantuan 50” plasma.

Sunday
Meet the Press
This Week with George Stephanopoulos
The Amazing Race
Mad Men

Monday
Gossip Girl – my guilty pleasure!
How I Met Your Mother
Heroes
Dancing with the Stars
Nightline

Tuesday
Dancing with the Stars Results (fast forward through this one to see who got kicked off)
Nightline

Wednesday
Project Runway
Real World/Road Rules Challenge
Nightline
*Would also be watching Friday Night Lights if we still had DirecTV, so that one will wait until the spring.

Thursday
My Name is Earl
Kath & Kim
The Office
30 Rock
Grey's Anatomy
Nightline

Friday
Nightline

Saturday
Football, if anything

We also watch some of Good Morning America, ABC World News, The Daily Show, and The Colbert Report regularly, although we don’t have TiFaux set up to record them. So, is there anything I should be watching? I would be watching Friday Night Lights if we had DirecTV, so that one will be on the list come spring when it’s on NBC. I thought Fringe sounded interesting, but I’m trying so hard to drop shows rather than add them! Since I know I watch way too much, I already dropped:

The Hills – Nothing ever happens, and I always feel like I just wasted 30 minutes every time I watch it.
America’s Next Top Model – Watched through the makeover episode. Every season is the same, and it’s getting boring. Plus, Tyra kills me with her campy “acting”, and I don’t think I can take hearing “Smile with your eyes!” one more time!
90210 – Not nearly as good as the original, and there’s only room for one ridiculous teen drama in my schedule (see “Gossip Girls”). :)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

We'll probably have to make the change when we upgrade, so I'll have to remember TiFaux!

Do you seriously not watch House??? I thought you did, or I would have been putting much more pressure on you!

Fringe is just ok so far. I'll let you know if it gets great. Joshua Jackson is basically playing Pacey, and the girl isn't a very good actor, IMHO.

Amy L said...

No, but I know it would suck me in. I've been keeping that on my list of shows to watch on DVD someday. Is it hard to pick up on?

Ashlee Liddell said...

I am a reality show junkie, so survivor is on my TiFaux as well as Dancing with the Stars.

I have been inspired by this post though, so maybe I will add some new shows to the list...trouble is I have a hard time making the time to watch the two shows I normally TiFaux!!!! What am I doing wrong?!?!? :)

Have you seen Private Practice? I never started with Grey's Anatomy and now every time I try to catch it I am so lost.... wondered if Private Practice was worth a watch?

Anonymous said...

this is too funny. I can't even bear to make my list.. it would just depress me....

Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Pushing Daisies is a sweet one. I think the new episodes start this week. I'm so happy they are doing another season.

By the way, happy late birthday! Sorry I missed telling you. I knew it was in September, but I wasn't sure of the exact day. Hope you had a nice time.

Looking forward to seeing you and Claire soon!

Love,
Tanesa

ashtheflash said...

I know you're trying to decrease your list (so am I - I had to move Fringe to the DVR in the bedroom due to too many conflicts - so now I'll probably never even watch it!), but if you make room...

I highly recommend:

* Biggest Loser - Families (BL always delivers)
* Top Gear - One of the funniest shoes on BBC America even though it is just about cars
* Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia - You have to watch a few to get to know the characters, but seriously hilarious. Seriously.

So glad you guys watch 30 Rock - love it!

I also watch anything with Gordon Ramsay, although the US version of Kitchen Nightmares really doesn't compare to the British counterpart.

I realize I watch too much TV. I won't even tell you what I record 2 times a day every day (one is the GSN - lol).

There's my 25 cents worth!