Monday, September 08, 2008

A Few Firsts

Claire turned five months old today, and she decided to celebrate with a few firsts!

  • On Friday, we saw her first tooth coming in. She's been chewing on everything (teething rings, burp cloths, her fingers, our fingers, etc.) for a few weeks and hadn't been any fussier than usual, so she surprised us. By the next day we realized that another one was coming in beside it, so it shouldn't be long before I can get a picture of her new little teeth. I'm so glad they don't seem to be bothering her too badly!
  • Yesterday she rolled over from tummy to back by herself for the first time. She was so surprised! Robert and I were both standing there, so we cheered and clapped for her - she started smiling and seemed pretty proud of herself.
  • Today was her first day at her new school. This is the temporary one - our favorite doesn't have an opening for a couple of months, but we wanted to go ahead and start her somewhere so that I can get a job. She had a good day - when I went to pick her up, her teachers said that we "have a beautiful baby" and that she was so good and happy. They kept commenting on how smiley she is. She was having a good time playing with some toys on the floor when I got there, and was overall in a great mood. I'm glad she's going to have an easy adjustment.

Mom and Dad came for a few days last week, and we really enjoyed our time with them. Claire loved the extra attention, especially her walks around the yard with Granddaddy and playing the piano with Nana.




I never posted her chair picture from last week, so here it is. Another to come soon!


A couple more pictures I wanted to share - we recently got her Exersaucer set up, and she really likes looking at all of the toys and bright colors. She's still a little small for it to be comfortable for very long, but I know she'll grow into it soon.


2 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

She looks like she knows exactly what is going on in this weeks chair picture..... "I've been here before..."

So glad to hear the school transition is off to a great start. Who couldn't love such a precious baby?

Anonymous said...

Clair had a lot of news this week. Every picture makes me smile. She looks like she's really studying her Exersaucer. I'm glad everything is going well for you and Robert.
Love,
Aunt Nancy