Thursday, July 03, 2008

First Day of School

Claire had her first day of "school" yesterday. This was our trial run - we didn't have to be anywhere, so we could come pick her up if she had a hard day or if it was too hard on us. :) Everything went great - we dropped her off around 9 and picked her up around 4:30. The drop off went much better than I was expecting. We had visited about a week and a half prior to meet the teachers and ask some questions, which helped put my mind at ease. It is a really good place, and all of the babies seemed happy and content. It also made it easier to leave her knowing that I could come get her whenever I was ready! Robert and I had a nice day - I went to the gym, and afterwards Robert and I enjoyed lunch at Blue Mesa and went to a movie without having to worry about interrupting anyone with a crying baby. We saw "Hancock" - loved it.

After the movie, I was anxious to see Claire. When we arrived at school, she was getting a bottle and seemed happy as could be. They told us she had a great first day. She took a long nap when she got home - guess all the excitement wore her out! I'm so glad that we have a place to take her where we are confident that she is getting excellent care.

No comments: