Tuesday, June 24, 2008

A&M Girls' Weekend

I have a group of friends from A&M that has stayed in touch since graduation. There are 8 of us - Lindsay, Courtney, Anne, Angi, Melissa, Jill, Megan, and me. Seven of us all moved to Dallas after we graduated, and six of us started together at the same accounting firm. As the years went on, it became more difficult to spend time together and it seemed like the only time more than a few of us got together was for a wedding or baby shower. About a year ago, Lindsay took the initiative to pull together something we'd been talking about for years - a girls' weekend. Since a few of us have new babies, and there is one currently on the way, we decided to get together here in the DFW area at Lindsay's house. I'm pleased to say that we were able to get 5 of the 8 here - pretty good with our busy schedules!

On Friday night, Lindsay, Courtney, Melissa and I met at Maggiano's in Plano for dinner. Courtney went home afterwards (her son is a few days younger than Claire), and Jill arrived in town later that evening from Arkansas. The four of us stayed up until a little past midnight - not an easy feat for two brand new mommies and a pregnant lady with less than two months to go! I had brought one of my scrapbooks from college which provided a few laughs and "where are they now" conversations. It was so fun to reminisce and catch up.

On Saturday, we slept in (first time for me in almost 3 months!) and then met Courtney for pedicures, lunch, shopping, and the Sex and the City movie. I came home after the movie - two nights away from Baby Claire would have been a little too much at this point, and I wanted to be home for bath and bedtime. I missed that sweet face! Here she is that evening getting ready for her bath:



You can read Lindsay's take on our weekend here. :) We had such a wonderful time together - I thought Lindsay put it well when she said that with the amount of time we usually have together, it's difficult to get past "what are you doing" to address "how are you doing." No matter how much time goes between visits, we always fall into easy conversation and it feels like barely any time has passed at all. I can't believe I've know those girls for over 10 years now. Thanks, Friends, for a wonderful weekend!

Also, thank you so much to my sweet husband who did not hesitate to keep Claire by himself for two days so that I could enjoy time with the girls. Although, I can't say that I was thrilled with what I found when I arrived home...


Claire has some A&M booties...anyone have an A&M onesie that I could borrow??? I need to nip this in the bud! :)

4 comments:

Amy's Mom said...

Claire looks so cute getting ready for her bath. I can just imagine Robert smiling and anticipating your reaction as he dressed Claire in "burnt orange!"

Anonymous said...

That's so funny! You have to admit though, Claire surely does look cute! I'm glad you had such a good weekend.
Aunt Nancy

Ashlee Liddell said...

Hook 'em!

There is NO nipping this in the bud, trust me.

But it should be fun to watch unfold, EVERY Christmas! :)

Glad you had a wonderful weekend, and have been blessed with wonderful friends.

Anonymous said...

HOOK 'EM