Sunday, March 30, 2008

Progress!

As of last Monday, I'm officially on maternity leave! I was SO ready. I haven't been sleeping well, so it was getting difficult to keep up mentally and physically all day at work. Mom came in to Dallas last Sunday afternoon, and we spent Monday and Tuesday cleaning the house (well, mostly Mom cleaned the house!), doing the baby's laundry, organizing the nursery, and running errands. It was a relief to get so much done before the baby arrives. Thanks, Mom!

On Wednesday I had an appointment with Dr. Woodbridge, and everything still continues to look good. Baby's heartrate was in the 130's, and I was about 1 cm dilated, so we're making progress! She thinks I'll deliver close to the 4/6 due date, but you never know. I'm having minor contractions more frequently and am having a harder time getting comfortable, but I'm not too anxious at this point.

I spent the rest of the week marking things off of my list and trying to get some rest. Robert's birthday was yesterday, and we spent most of the day looking for a bookcase for the nursery and working on our taxes. This typically would not be a fun way to celebrate your birthday, but we were surprised by the nice refund we're going to receive, so we were very happy to have that done. For his birthday, he wanted to go to the Reata in Fort Worth for dinner, so we enjoyed a great meal of chicken fried steak for me, steak for him, and dessert tacos for both. It was definitely worth the trip!

Here are the most recent belly shots, taken last Wednesday - getting closer!


3 comments:

Jenni said...

looking good!

Amy's Mom said...

You are so very welcome! I loved being there!

Lindsay said...

Yea! You are such a cute pregnant lady, and I think about you several times/day. You're almost there!