Friday, April 04, 2008

D-Day Minus 2

We're two days away from the "official" due date, and I can finally say that I am READY! Our most recent appointment was on Wednesday, and I was about 1 1/2 cm dilated and about 60% effaced, so we're continuing to see progress. Baby's heartbeat was in the 130's. We also had a sonogram to check fluid levels, and everything looked "great" according to the u/s tech. The baby has dropped down, so I'm experiencing more discomfort and difficulty sitting for long periods of time, so it's wonderful to be on leave and able to lay down whenever I need to!

We go back to the doctor on Monday afternoon (if I don't go into labor before then) for another check, and we may start talking about inducing. I'm still not sure how I feel about that, but I'm warming up to the idea the farther along we go. I'm just so ready to meet this baby!

1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

I'm ready too! Most of my stuff is already in the car. I had to bring my make-up and toothbrush back in the house, but it won't take me long to throw that back in the car and be out of here when I get the word!
I like the new look of your blog.