Thursday, May 31, 2012

A Wonderful Place

A few weeks ago the kids and I met up with Almudena, Isabella, and Lucia to explore Morgan's Wonderland, a theme park designed for people with special needs but that is open to all.  We had SO much fun!  It is a perfect place to go with small children - since everything is designed to be accessible, I felt that they were safe during every activity.  It's also just a positive, welcoming place, and I want to bring them here regularly so that they can interact with people of all abilities.  It is larger than I expected, and we didn't have time to see all of it - which gives me a good reason to go back soon.

The playscapes - I think they would've spent the whole time here if I hadn't convinced them there were other fun things to do!
IMG_0967

IMG_0968

Of course Will loved the water table - his shirt was soaked after a few minutes!
IMG_0969

The Adventure Ride was also a favorite.  I loved that Claire was able to "drive".  Some of the cars had open backs to allow for people in wheelchairs to ride - so neat.
IMG_0970

At least two of us have our eyes open!
IMG_0958

We also had fun riding the train and eating our lunches in the picnic area.  We will be back soon!

1 comment:

almudena said...

hadn't seen this post yet! we had such a great time too. let me know when you want to go back!