Sunday, July 31, 2011

Project Life: Weeks 29 - 30

July 18 - 31

I'm not sure what happened the week of the 18th, but I didn't take any photos, although I did get one from school.  That Monday they had a little carnival with free snow cones and barrel car rides.

Kona Ice Open House Carnival 2011 023

Little did I know, but it was the "calm before the storm." On Saturday, Will was a little fussier than usual and seemed to be coming down with pink eye (again!). Robert and I had plans to go out to dinner with some other couples and had scheduled a babysitter. I called her to let her know what was going on, and she said she was still okay with coming over to watch the kids, so we got Claire and Will ready for bed that evening and headed out. When we got home around 10, she was in Will's room trying to help him go to sleep - very abnormal. I gave him some medicine and got him to sleep, but it was not a good night for any of us - he woke up several times. Plus, I felt like I was coming down with something. That night began our week of doctor visits:

Sunday - I went to the doctor, and although I tested negative for strep, I was prescribed a decongestant and antibiotic.
Monday - Will still didn't seem well, so I took him to the doctor. Diagnosed with respiratory infection that was "RSV like". Given a nebulizer, and I stayed home with him that day.
Tuesday - Will back to the doctor to check his breathing. Given an antibiotic and told he would probably need to stay home for the rest of the week. Robert thinks he is coming down with the same thing, goes to the doctor, and comes home with a Z-pack, steroid, and decongestant. I call Mom for backup! She comes that afternoon.
Wednesday - I go back to the doctor because I'm not feeling any better, and this time I got a steroid. Start feeling better that night.
Thursday - Will doesn't seem any better and his breathing is as raspy as ever, so I take him back to the doctor. This time he gets a steroid, and we're given instructions to count his respiratory rate. It never gets any worse, and we all start to feel better. I took a photo of the family pharmacy-3 antibiotics, 3 steroids, 3 decongestants, pink eye drops, and medicine for the nebulizer.

IMG_0586

Friday - Mom is still here, so Robert and I go to an early showing of Harry Potter 7 Part 2 - LOVED IT!


IMG_0587

Saturday - Mom leaves to go home. We survived the week! We got to Lupe's, and Claire celebrates with a rainbow pop. We were so thankful that someone she managed to avoid getting sick. Score 1 for the daycare-enabled immune system!

IMG_0588

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Ugh! So sorry you had such a rough week. We finally saw HP7b this weekend and loved it, too!

Aunt Carol said...

I'm so glad everyone is better! I know how scary counting breaths can be. Good Mommy work getting everyone well!