Friday, July 15, 2011

The week of sickies

On the Tuesday after the 4th, Will woke up kind of grumpy and not acting like himself. I took his temperature, and it was about 103 - time to go to the doctor. We got in that morning and found out he had a sinus infection - poor guy!

Wednesday morning he seemed to be feeling better, and the fever was gone, so we took them to school and I went to work to make up for being out on Tuesday. Mid-morning my cell phone rang, and my heart sank when I saw it was the school. Claire's eyes were really red, and they were going to have to send her home. I called the pediatrician and got her an appointment for as soon as we could be there. Diagnosis: conjunctivitis. No school until it cleared up. In anticipation of this, I'd run by the house to get some toys and other things to entertain her before picking her up, so I took her to work with me. I was actually able to get a few hours of work in while she ate her lunch and played. Shortly before we were going to leave, the school called again - Will's fever was back and he would have to stay home the next day. Ugh.

On Thursday Claire's eyes weren't totally clear, so we kept them both at home. Will was feeling better (the fever broke for good early that morning), so we had fun playing together that morning. Robert came home around lunch so that I could get to work for a meeting that afternoon, and Mom and Dad (who were already planning to come for the weekend) changed their plans so that they were able to arrive earlier than usual so that Robert could go back to work for a few more hours.

By Friday, everyone was well, but we kept Will at home with Mom and Dad and sent Claire to school while I went to the office to catch up. It was a crazy week!

And as a postscript to the story...I got pink eye this past Monday that has lasted most of the week.

IMG_0567

Thanks, Sweetie! As Robert's aunt Marilyn said, "Well, all mothers spend enormous time teaching their children to share!" :)

1 comment:

almudena said...

amy! i just got pink eye a few months ago too! it's terrible!! :) glad you guys are better. when can we hang out?