Thursday, January 20, 2011

First Day

Tuesday was my first day back at work and Will's first day of school. This first day was much easier than it was with Claire (having a familar place to leave your new baby helps so much!), but still harder than I expected. We wanted to get a photo of Will and Claire together, but Claire was not having it. She seemed pretty unsure as to how she felt about having Will coming to her school. We left him in safe hands, but I still shed a few tears.


Tuesday / Week 3
Things got better once I got to the office and started getting back into a familar routine. I do enjoy my job and my co-workers, and the day went by quickly. I'm thankful that they are so flexible, and that I'm able to ease back into things at just two days a week for a couple of weeks, then three days in February.  Will had a great first day of school. He even took a 2 1/2 hour nap in his crib - now if we could get him to do that at home!

Today I found out that Claire and one of her teachers visited Will in his room, and she was pretty excited about it. I think she's decided that having him there is okay. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things went well. I was thinking about y'all this week, knowing that you were planning on going back to work. I know it must be hard, but it's nice to know that you have a familiar place to take your children. Enjoy the weekend and your family! Love, Tanesa