Wednesday, June 23, 2010

19 Weeks

I haven't done a pregnancy update in awhile - things have been moving along really smoothly ever since I got out of the 1st tri. I feel great - I love this part of pregnancy! Today I got an e-mail from Baby Center reminding me that I am 19 weeks along today, and the baby is probably a little over 8 oz and the size of an heirloom tomato. The belly is definitely growing, and while I am still wearing mostly pre-pregnancy tops and can fit into a couple pairs of jeans and shorts, I've pretty much moved over to maternity bottoms. They're so easy and comfy! Since my pregnancy with Claire was mostly over the fall/winter, I didn't have any shorts, capris or summer tops. I've found some things at the Gap that are working and have ordered a couple of things from Old Navy that I like, although I've sent back as much as I've kept. It's so annoying that none of their stores in SA carry maternity wear!

My weight gain at this point seems to be comparable to a few pounds less than at this point last time, which is good. I'm trying to work out at least 3 times a week, although lately it's been more like twice a week that I've made it to the gym - still better than nothing! I've also been trying to make better choices food-wise while still allowing myself some indulgences. I did lose all of the 42 pounds I gained with Claire, plus about 5 more, so I'm not worried about the weight gain, but I'm hoping to maybe take it off a little more quickly this time.

My most recent appointment was a couple of weeks ago, and it was pretty uneventful. Just some extra blood work for the triple screen, which came back normal, and I got to hear the baby's heartbeat, which is always the most exciting part! I started feeling the baby move regularly around 16 weeks, and the movements are getting more intense every week. It's special every time I feel that baby moving around - easily my favorite part of pregnancy.

The next appointment is on July 8th, and it will include the "big ultrasound" where we can find out the baby's sex. We didn't find out with Claire, but I'm leaning towards finding out this time. Still have a couple of weeks to decide!

2 comments:

bb said...

YAY for things going well!!!! I'll be waiting for the BIG ultrasound results to find out you are having a BOY!!!

Miss G said...

I have wondered if we'll find out the gender with #2 (not that we're ready to have #2 yet, just sayin'). Did you know that Ross carries maternity clothes? I got some great jeans there. Also, does SA have Kid 2 Kid stores? That and Ross are where I bought the majority of my maternity clothes. Kelly