Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Tuckered out

Claire fell asleep on the way home from school on Monday (and it's only about a 5 minute drive to our house). She was still asleep when I carried her in, and I needed to change clothes, so I just laid her on the floor for a what I thought would be just a minute. She slept for over 20 minutes and would've gone longer if I hadn't woken her up to eat dinner. Who knew our floor was so comfortable?!?



I just loved how she had that little hiney sticking up in the air. This is a frequent sleeping position - I'll never understand how she finds this position comfortable, but it's always good for bringing smiles to the Mommy's face.
Monday also brought our first biting incident. They called Robert that morning and said that another child had bitten Claire on the arm, but it didn't break the skin. They iced it down and gave her lots of extra attention, and they said she only cried for a minute. When I picked her up her teacher felt so bad, but I told her I'd felt like it was inevitable at some point. I'd heard lots of stories about biting at the toddler stage. If you look closely in the pictures below (or click on the picture to enlarge it), you can see the mark on her left wrist. Hopefully it won't happen again, but she handled it like a champ.

7 comments:

bb said...

LOVE that hiney sticking up! It's too cute.

And ouch! That looks like one heck of a bite. Did you bite him (or his momma) back?

Amy L said...

We've got our eye on that kid... :) Fortunately she's pretty tough for her size!

LauraC said...

I think that might be the cutest picture I have ever seen in my entire life!!!

I'd love to say the biting ends early but Nate and Alex got into a month-long biting war at school during the fall. It was very frustrating!

Lindsay said...

Love those pictures! I know I am a broken record, but she is seriously so, so cute.

Can't wait to see you!

Amy's Mom said...

That hiney in the air is so cute! It brought smiles to Nana's face too. I'm sorry sweet Claire got bitten. That biting kid better watch out!

jennyc said...

Ahh - that is the sweetest picture. Colton sleeps that way too - it is just priceless!

Sheila Abel said...

What can we get for Claire's !st
birthday? Love, Sheila