Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Happy First Birthday!

Happy birthday to our sweet Claire! It's hard to believe that it's already been a year since I first saw her face, first held her, first kissed her cheek. Robert and I are unbelievably blessed to have such a beautiful, sweet little girl. In her short time with us, she has already brought immeasurable joy. Claire is such a happy baby, and her smiles and laughs are infectious. I love watching her explore and learn and can't wait to see what the next year brings.

To celebrate today, we gave her a ride in her new swing. She loved it - lots of giggles. I have a feeling that "swing" is going to be one of her first words. We also gave her a little bit of cupcake - yummy!




Claire also took her last weekly chair picture - we're now going to once a month. I've loved having this weekly record of her first year.


Here's to the first of many birthdays together! I love you Sweet Girl!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy I've been able to see the frequent pictures from Claire's first year. Even though I haven't lived close enough to visit in person, I love being able to see how she's growing and learning. Such a precious little girl!!
Love, Aunt Nancy

bb said...

Happy Birthday Claire!! I hope you continue to find even more smiles in your second year and beyond!!

LauraC said...

Happy birthday to the happiest baby I've ever seen! And congrats to the parents making it through the first year!

Amy's Mom said...

Happy Birthday, Sweet Claire! I want to echo what Mommy said about how very blessed we are to have you in our lives. Several times today I thought about where we were last year on this day and remembered the first time I saw you and held you. You are so very precious to us, and I always look forward to the times we get to spend with you and Mommy and Daddy. We love you very much!
Nana and Granddaddy

jennyc said...

Happy Birthday sweet Claire and Congrats Mom and Dad for surviving this first year -it only gets better and better from here!