Monday, October 13, 2008

Tagged

I was tagged by BB to show the 4th picture in the 4th folder of the My Pictures file on my computer. BB is a friend of Lindsay's, and I recently started reading her blog after Lindsay put us in touch to discuss gliders. We quickly moved on to talking about other baby gear, and it appears we both have a passion for research and finding the perfect gear for our daughters (she is excitedly expecting a baby girl this spring).

Since I'm a folder person and have folders within folders, I'm posting the 4th picture in the 4th folder (Christmas 2005) of the 4th folder (2005) in My Pictures. Got it? :)

This is a picture of my dad unwrapping his present from Robert - a cordless drill set. This was the first Christmas Robert and I were together - we started dating in July 2005. Robert really thought Dad would enjoy having a cordless drill, and he was absolutely right! I remember Daddy showing it off to everyone who came in the house that Christmas. Dad still loves this set and to this day frequently mentions how much he likes it and how often he uses it. Robert is a great gift-giver - he has a real knack for noticing what people like. Also, when he has a good idea for a gift, he remembers it (unlike me - I get to time to buy a present and think "I know I thought of a great gift...what was it?"). Just one of the many things I love about him - his thoughfulness!

Looking back through the pictures in that file, there were also some other great gifts given and received that Christmas. Mom's TiVo, my VitaMix (which is an important component in Claire's homemade baby food), Dad's wireless projection weather forecaster, and my Tiffany cross necklace from Robert that I'm wearing right now!

What a fun challenge, BB! Thanks for the memories. :)

No comments: