Friday, May 30, 2008

Busy Day

Claire and I had a full day yesterday. The day started out with Robert and I greeted by this cute face:

Claire and I went to breakfast at Legal Grounds in Lakewood. I LOVE their "Prom Cakes" - pancake with oatmeal and bananas baked in, topped with granola and pecan praline sauce. Yum! They have free wi-fi, so I was able to catch up on some e-mails while Claire napped. We came home for a little while, and then met two of my co-workers for lunch at Chuy's. It was nice to catch up with them, and introduce them to Claire. Afterwards we made a trip to Babies R Us to pick up a few supplies and a gift for an upcoming baby shower. Claire was snoozing, so I stopped by a baby resale shop to return a swing we purchased last week - too squeaky. When we got home, Claire was ready for another feeding, and then she was ready for a story ("One Fish, Two Fish...") and some playtime on her play mat. It was a good chance for me to practice with my new camera lens (50 mm f/1.8).




That tuckered her out, so her naptime gave me a chance to get a few things done around the house. Later after Claire went to bed, Robert and I enjoyed watching the LOST season finale. I won't say too much about it in case someone is saving it to watch later, but I was glad to see how only 6 of them were rescued, and finally finding out who was in the coffin. Definitely some really weird parts too, though. What did you think?

We're heading to Oklahoma later today for a family reunion - hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jenni said...

look at that neck strength!! you go girl!!

Amy's Mom said...

So glad you are already reading to Claire. I read aloud to you from whatever book I happened to be reading, and you just liked the sound. As you got older, you would laugh when I laughed even though you had no idea what I had just said. That's a good memory, and I was reminded of it when I saw that you had read a book to Sweet Baby Claire.