Wednesday, May 07, 2008

MS150 Weekend

Robert rode in the MS150 this past weekend, a bike ride from Frisco to Fort Worth, to raise money to fight Multiple Sclerosis. As most of you know, his father suffers from this terrible disease. I was so proud of him - he was rider number 5, which means that he was the 5th top fundraiser last year!

On Day One they rode from Frisco to Texas Motor Speedway - the ride that day was over 80 miles. We spent the night at a hotel in Southlake, and my parents met us there to spend some time with us (i.e., Claire!). We enjoyed dinner at the Reata in Fort Worth - always a treat. Mom and Dad gave us the best gift by keeping Claire in their room that night and getting up with her for the nightly feedings and soothing. We had adjoining rooms so I was able to pop in as needed, but Robert got a full night of sleep, which helped him tremendously with the ride on Day Two. It was a great weekend!


Playing with Grandma Patty Snoozing at the finish line
Robert crossing the finish line

At Sundance Square with Billie & Bob

2 comments:

Ashlee Liddell said...

She is even more beautiful than the last photos I saw! I am so glad Ma told me about your blog. You are doing an awesome job of updating it.

Anonymous said...

Amy - I just found your blog through Jennie's blog and it is so fun to read about your life and your sweet little girl! Jon and I have two girls and they are just so much fun! I'd love to get together sometime and catch up. You can email me if you want - annwilliams8@yahoo.com - and maybe we can get together.

Love,
Ann Williams (Francis)