Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Will's First Day of School

Today was Will's first day of school!  (Actually Mother's Day Out, but he wants to go to "school", too.)
IMG_0855

In the words of Will's teacher, "He had a GREAT day!"  He attended their summer program for 4 weeks in July/August, so he was familiar with the school and the teachers, but since he'd been out for 4 weeks, I wondered if he would have a little separation anxiety.  After "Meet the Teacher" last week, I had no concerns.  He ran in and started playing, and I practically had to drag him out.  Today was the same - ran in, found his favorite toys, and barely bothered to give me a kiss goodbye.  I was glad he was so happy to be there!
IMG_0861

His school has a preschool program for 3 & 4 year olds, but it is based on their age as of September 1, so he is one of the oldest in his 2 year old class.  I knew that this would be the first MDO/preschool program for some of the kids in his room, so we talked beforehand about how some of the kids might be sad, and that since he is one of the oldest, he could be a good example and a helper for his teachers.  Ms. Kim said that he didn't have a single tear or sad moment and had a lot of fun.  We are looking forward to a great year!

1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

Will is such a handsome little boy! I'm so glad he likes his new "school."