Sunday, August 04, 2013

Diaper Free!

If you don't have kids or aren't comfortable with preschooler bathroom stuff, feel free to skip this post.  :)

Will is potty trained!  There are no more diapers in our house!

In early May, I started putting him in Pull Ups to practice pulling pants up and down and sitting on the potty, and one day I realized that he was dry almost every time I took him to try.  After a few more days of keeping the Pull Up mostly dry, we tried underwear...

IMG_0265

...and he did great!  We rarely had more than a couple of accidents a day that first week, and then he quickly got it - mostly.  It took another 5-6 weeks to get comfortable with the "#2" part of potty training, but we kept at it, and he figured it out - and finally got the promised bowl of ice cream.

IMG_0315

Since then, it has been smooth sailing.  He rarely has accidents, and it was so much better than I was expecting!  A couple of weeks ago I realized I hadn't changed a diaper in almost two months, so I gathered up every diaper I could find and gave them away.  He still wears a Pull Up at night (and usually wakes up dry, but I plan to keep him in them until he can use go to the bathroom without assistance), but other than that, he is totally in underwear.  Way to go Will!!!

1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

So proud of Will! (I'll bet Mommy had a big smile on her face while she was getting rid of those diapers!)