Thursday, July 18, 2013

What's Going On in Our World: The Photo-Free Post

I am so behind on sorting photos, and I keep waiting until I have everything organized to post, but I feel like I'm missing the chance to record our "current events".  Time for a Crawford House Gumbo-style post!

  • The beginning of the summer was busy.  We had something big every weekend for a month - I was out of town for a MOPS Steering retreat (I'm going to be a table leader in my Mothers of Preschoolers group next year - I'm excited!), we had family in town to celebrate Robert's grandparents' anniversary, and we went to two family reunions.   
  • Will & Claire started swim lessons at Aqua Tots last month, and they love it - one of the highlights of  their week.  Will started out in a parent-child class and was ready to move up to the 2.5-3 year old class after a few weeks.  It's nice to be able to just sit on the sideline and watch!
  • The kids and I are really enjoying our summer days - trips to the zoo, berry picking, museums, play dates, a few fun craft/science projects, and lots of time outside.
  • Robert has been busy with work and travels a few times a month for meetings.  It's usually just an overnight trip, and on those days, Claire likes to have a sleepover at Nana and Granddaddy's house.  They all love their time together - games, movies, bubble baths in the big tub - and it makes the evening and early morning much more relaxed for me.  Will enjoys the one-on-one Mommy time, too.
  • Claire and Will moved to a new preschool program this week.  We have been at the same place since Claire was about 11 months, so I thought there might be somewhat of an adjustment period, but we are making a pretty smooth transition.  Will is going to continue there in the fall after Claire starts Kindergarten.
  • We are planning a family trip in August to San Diego - one last trip before school starts!

No comments: