Thursday, October 11, 2012

Visit to the pumpkin patch

My MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) group organized an outing at Love Creek Orchards in Medina this past Monday, and the kids and I all agreed that it was well worth the hour and 20 minute drive out there.  We stayed for 3 hours and had so much fun!

The first activity they tried was a ride in the barrel cars.  I was a little unsure how Will would do, but as you can see from the photos, they both loved it.

IMG_9250

IMG_9253

IMG_9256

Next we visited the ponies.  Claire usually back away from animals, but she was excited to get a chance to brush the pony.  Will just got all up in his face and kept telling me "Mommy!  I see the horse!  I touch the horse!  Neigh!"
IMG_9263

IMG_9264

The hay maze was a big hit - I lost count of how many times they ran through it.
IMG_9273

Failed attempt to get a posed photo of the two of them - they were much more interested in checking out the corn husks and throwing hay.
IMG_9279

There was an announcement that the music show was about to begin, and since it was time for a snack, we headed over and found a hay bale to sit on.  Will was really into the music - we probably would've stayed through the whole show if Claire hadn't been ready to move on.
IMG_9285

IMG_9291

At the petting zoo, Will fell in love with the baby goats.  They tended to move around to whoever had cups of food, so each time they moved to another part of the pen, Will would stand on the hay bales and yell "Baby goats!  Come back!  Come back over here baby goats!"  So cute.
IMG_9293

IMG_9296

We also visited the ducks, the geese, the turkeys, and the donkey (or maybe it was a burro - I'm not sure).
IMG_9302

On the hayride around the orchard, I got someone to take a picture of the 3 of us.  I'm determined to start getting more pictures with the kids in front of the camera, even if I'm the only one looking at it!
IMG_9304

After a lunch break, the kids painted pumpkins, got one last treat, and made a few more dashes through the hay maze.  They would've liked to have stayed longer, but it was already past naptime, and I knew meltdowns were imminent.  We loved our visit, and I hope Robert can go with us next time!

IMG_9309

IMG_9312

IMG_9316

4 comments:

bb said...

What a wonderful day trip!!

Aunt Nancy said...

What a fun day! It was fun for me just reading all about it! Thanks for sharing!

Miss G said...

This looks like so much fun! I would love to find something like this around here that's really neat. I love seeing how they both experienced it, especially Will, wondering if David will be similar in a short time.

Burros, donkeys, etc. are tricky. I had about an eight year old "country girl" once in Missouri calmly explain to me the differences after I clearly got it wrong! :) It was pretty cute and I felt like *such* a city girl. Oh well. Kelly

almudena said...

this looks so fun amy! i love love creek orchards! best pumkin patch by far. hope we can make it there again soon!