Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fiesta Texas 2012

Robert's company's annual family day at Fiesta Texas was on June 8th.  We got a little bit of a late start, but we all donned our blue company shirts (barely) and were able to ride a few rides and have a lot of fun before the kids crashed.  For the past few months, Claire has been in an interesting clothing phase.  She refuses to wear clothes with short sleeves - only long sleeves or sleeveless tops/dresses are acceptable.  Fortunately it is warm and there are plenty of sleeveless shirts for her to wear, but she did have "a moment" when I tried to dress her in her shirt for the day.  She tugged at the sleeves and cried "I HATE THIS SHIRT!" - first time I'd ever heard her use the H-word.  I had anticipated a little battle, so I whipped out my sewing scissors and some ribbon, cut off the sleeves, and tied up the shoulders with black ribbon.  The shirt was then deemed satisfactory, and we went on our way without further incidents.  Four is always so fun! /end sarcasm/

This is the first year we were all able to go on rides - the first year I was pregnant, and the second year Will was too small.  It was fun to all be able to participate!

IMG_1282

IMG_1283

IMG_1284

Sweet siblings!
IMG_1285

As we were on our way out, we passed by Bugs Bunny who was posing for photos.  Claire said "I want to go give him a hug."  Um, what???  My shy girl who never wants to have anything to do with strangers wants to give Bugs a hug?  I've been wondering how she would handle character meet & greets when we go to Disney World this fall, so this was a perfect trial opportunity.  I immediately steered her over to get in line.  When it was our turn, she started backing off, but the Bugs was really sweet, and while she didn't want him to touch her, we got some smiles and laughs.  I have hope that she won't be totally freaked out at Disney now!

IMG_1287

IMG_1286

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Duh, she doesn't want tan lines! =)

Smart solution, Mommy!