Saturday, November 05, 2011

"I'm a big girl, but..."

Claire has recently learned how to buckle the chest buckle on her car seat by herself.  I hadn't necessarily encouraged it because I was a little afraid that learning how to buckle it would quickly be followed by learning how to unbuckle it (which I'm not ready for!), but fortunately that hasn't happened.  Every time she gets in the car, she says, "I'm a big girl - I don't need your help" as she crawls in the seat.

One day I picked the kids up from school, and Claire got in her seat and buckled the chest plate while I got Will settled.  When I came around to her side, I got the usual "I'm a big girl - I don't need your help!"  I said, "Well, if you're a big girl, why don't you do this part?" as I finished buckling her in.  She sat there a second, and then said, "I'm a big girl, but not that big."  It was all I could do not to bust up laughing.

Sweet girl, I'm glad you're not that big.  Stay little for a while longer, please!

3 comments:

Amy's Mom said...

I love that--So precious!

bb said...

Love it! Stay little, sweet girl!!!

Friends of Kate said...

When the Bible talks about, "And Mary treasured these things in her heart," I think that the authors were talking about moments like these. I love it!