Saturday, October 09, 2010

Just like Mommy

Baby L2 has decided that he wants to hang out low and directly in the front of my belly. As my doctor said at my appointment on Thursday, I am growing straight out and not widening at all. This means that my back is killing me, because as you can imagine, it's like walking around with a medicine ball strapped to your abdomen. She thought that a pregnancy support belt might give me some relief, so I found one that seemed small enough to wear under my clothes and had good reviews, and had it sent overnight. I put it on as soon as it arrived on Friday and have been wearing it anytime I'll be walking or on my feet for awhile, and while it hasn't eliminated the strain on my back, it has definitely helped.

To understand the rest of the story, you have to see an oh so lovely picture of the belt (lifted from the product page):


So, this morning Claire found a shoe box from a new pair of shoes and had taken all of the packing materials out and left them on her floor. Tonight before her bath, we went in her room and I asked her to pick everything up. I went in her bathroom, and when I came out, she was holding a strip of packing material up around her waist. It took me a minute, but I realized she had created her own maternity support belt.

IMG_0546


Her imagination never ceases to amaze me, and I'm so thankful for the daily laughs she gives us! Thank you, Sweet Girl, for helping me see the humor in my big belly!

3 comments:

Amy's Mom said...

How funny! Such an inventive little girl, as well as the funniest ever!!!
I'm glad the belt is helping you.

(I see from the red spot on her leg that she kept picking at her "boo boo").

Love you all!

Aunt Nancy said...

So funny!!
K wants to know if it comes in XXL?
Love,
Aunt Nancy

Shaunna said...

LOVE IT! So precious!!