Friday, March 06, 2009

ROAR!

Claire's favorite toy right now has to be her lion walker. She can pull herself up and start walking with it. With a little encouragement (cheers and/or Puffs), she can walk all the way across the living room and down the long hall to her bedroom with just a little help getting over the molding as she goes through the kitchen (change from carpet to hardwoods and back to carpet). It's pretty far for those little legs, and she will just laugh and squeal the whole time. The lion plays music and sometimes roars, and we all roar along with it and laugh.




I feel like I've been working on this post for a few days now - we had a hectic week. Claire started her new school on Monday, and I think it's going to work out really well. The biggest transition for all of us has been dropping down to one nap (her class naps from 1 -3). She has a great time, but she's been exhausted every day when we pick her up and usually wants a short nap before her usual play, dinner, bath, bottle and bed schedule. She seems to be really enjoying it, though. I called mid-afternoon on Monday to check on her, and her teacher said that Claire is maybe the happiest baby she's ever seen. She said that Claire hadn't cried once. I'm sure there were too many things to explore, new toys to play with and new people to meet.

Things were busy as usual, and then on Thursday I got a call around lunch that Claire was sick. She'd thrown up a couple of times and wasn't feeling well. Robert and I were actually planning to have lunch together and had just made it to the restaurant when I got the call, so Robert left to pick her up and I took off to the office to gather up some things before heading to the house to spend the afternoon with her. When I got home, Robert and Claire were already there, and she was having a great time playing with her Exersaucer. She was fine all afternoon - I think she just had a little bit of an upset tummy and was fine after the upchuck. I didn't get any work done at home, but I was glad we weren't dealing with anything serious and I enjoyed the extra time with her. This is the first time we've been called to pick her up from school, so we had a great run!

47 Weeks

2 comments:

bb said...

Claire is so cute and always so happy - it's amazing how much she smiles!!!!!!

Amy L said...

It won't be long before you're getting lots of smiles yourself!