Thursday, February 19, 2009

Cruising

Sorry for going so long between posts - we've had another full week! Lately I feel like Claire changes and develops so much every week. She just started doing a full on crawl week before last, and now she loves to "cruise" - pull up on a piece of furniture, window sill, etc. and walk around holding on to the edge. We've had to move things off the coffee table - they were fully within her reach now! One of the teachers at her school told me that one of Claire's favorite things to do there is to walk around the outside of the Exersaucer playing with each toy. She's also started using her lion as an actual walker and can walk across the living room without any help. We got a video of her "walking" that I'll post soon. I don't think it will be long until we have an independent walker!


Claire's also started trying more to communicate with us. Sometimes her babbles take on the pacing and intonation of actual conversation - so funny. I think she's started saying "Mama" and actually meaning it in reference to me. It just warms my heart - so precious!

Sweet Claire has been a little under the weather the past few days. She's had a runny nose for quite awhile that didn't seem to bother her too much, but she started coughing on Friday and just didn't seem to be getting any better. We took her to the pediatrician on Tuesday and were relieved to find out that she doesn't have anything serious (I was concerned about RSV or bronchitis). The doctor went ahead and lent us a nebulizer to use for breathing treatments twice a day for the next 10 - 12 days. Claire doesn't love the treatments, but she doesn't fight them too terribly. They do seem to help her relax and breathe easier, so it's well worth the effort.

We're leaving for Arlington/Dallas tomorrow afternoon, and I'm excited to visit with some of our friends and family - and visit some of the restaurants we're missing!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Love the towel pic! Call me sometime while you're here!

Amy's Mom said...

I love reading about each new step in Claire's development, and I love all three of the pictures--such a cute, little precious smile!

Amy's Mom said...

That expression in the last picture says, "I have a secret, and I'm not telling."