Thursday, January 08, 2009

Resolutions

A little over a week into the new year, I'm finally writing down my resolutions for this year. I'm not a big resolution person, but I decided it would be a good idea to write down a few of my goals for a visual reminder.
  1. Finish losing the pregnancy weight - I have about 3-4 pounds to go, depending on the day. Fortunately all of the holiday goodies didn't set me back - not sure how that happened, considering how much I ate!
  2. Exercise at least 3 times a week. Claire really enjoys going for walks with me now, so this one should be pretty easy - at least when the weather is nice.
  3. Pray with Claire every night before bedtime.
  4. Finish the top of my t-shirt quilt. I've had a stack of college t-shirts set aside for a quilt for probably 7 or 8 years now. I even bought backing for the t-shirts a few years ago, but have always been too intimidated to start. My sweet family helped me out with buying a nice new sewing machine (I love it!), so now I'm developing some sewing skills on small projects to give myself confidence to make a quilt top. I have no interest in the rest of the quilting process - I'll be hiring someone to do that - but I really want to make the top myself.

Obviously there are more things I'd like to accomplish this year, but these are the goals I want to be held accountable for. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Do you have the duck bathtub? We brilliantly bought it, thinking it would be easier to corral two babies in it. Alex was scared to death of it, screamed bloody murder as soon as he saw it.