Monday, December 01, 2008

Thanksgiving

Claire enjoyed her first Thanksgiving! We had a whirlwind trip. It started with the drive to my parents' house in Vernon on Wednesday with the big meal on Thursday. A lot of members of our family were able to join us - my sister Sheila and her husband Robert, my brother Curtis and Claire's cousin Christopher, Aunt Nancy, Uncle Kerbow, Jonathan, my cousin Sharon and Mike, my cousin Tanesa and Matt, and Uncle Pruitt. It was a full house! Everyone was excited to meet Claire, and she enjoyed playing with everyone.


Playing with cousin Christopher


Friday was a pretty quiet day. Several people went to the farm with my dad, so Claire, Nana, and Robert and I just relaxed and watched a movie. Claire took some good naps - she was still worn out from the previous day's excitement.

On Saturday we drove to Arlington to visit all of the great-grandparents. We had lunch with Grandmommy and Granddad and spent the afternoon visiting with them, and then went to Ma and Bob's for dinner and to spend the night. We made our way home on Sunday with a stop at Hut's in Austin for their yummy burgers and onion rings.

It was such a blessing to be able to spend the holiday with so many members of our family!

1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

It was WONDERFUL having all of you here. I'm always thankful to have all (well, almost all) of the family together. I enjoyed everything about it--the anticipation Tuesday and Wednesday as we prepared the food; the fun Thursday with a full house; then the quiet day Friday and getting to play with Claire and hold her while she slept through the movie. Playing the piano with her was really fun, too, especially when she would lean back against me and wait for the cheers!