Monday, January 14, 2008

Nursery Progress

Robert and I had some serious cleaning out to do to make room for the baby. We decided to turn the guest room into the nursery and combine the office and guest room. December was busy sorting through things, cleaning out closets, and making trips to Goodwill - hope someone enjoys the couch!

Getting a crib was a bit of a saga - we initially ordered one online, and the one we got was damaged. After a second crib also arrived damaged, we got our money back and found one at a local store, Baby World. We love it, so everything worked out in the end! The bedding is from Pottery Barn Kids - they recently discontinued it, so I was happy to find all of the pieces we wanted during the post-Christmas sale. It was difficult finding something gender-neutral that we liked, but I'm really pleased with this set - and the price!

Mom came the weekend after Christmas, and she and I really enjoyed working together to paint the room. It's so cheery in there now - I love walking in and daydreaming about sitting in the glider rocking our baby.








Robert and I purchased a dresser from Ikea and ordered a glider which should be here in the next 6 weeks. We also still need to put up the curtains and start adding a few decorative touches - I can't wait to see everything come together!

No comments: