Sunday, January 13, 2008

From Two to Three...

I began suspecting I might be pregnant while Robert and I were in Japan. My sense of smell suddenly seemed to go into hyperdrive, and my stomach was definitely more sensitive, but we also thought there was a good chance that those feelings might just be due to the strange food in Japan. :) We doubted our ability to interpret a Japanese home pregnancy test, and thought that the chances of me actually being pregnant were pretty slim, so we decided to just wait until we got back home to test.

I'd bought some Dollar Tree tests a couple of months before in anticipation of our plan to begin "trying" in a couple of months, and I grabbed one as soon as I woke up after our first night at home. Even though I suspected I was pregnant, I was still shocked to see this!


I can't remember exactly how long the test said it would take for results, but it definitely didn't take as long as the instructions said - there was a strong second line literally within 10 seconds! I heard Robert get out of bed, and he walked in to see how it was going. I asked him "Are you ready to be a dad?" and showed him the test. We were both in shock, but so excited!

Since we didn't want to rely on a Dollar Tree test, I ran to the grocery store for a digital which quickly confirmed the cheapo test - almost no time at all passed before "Pregnant" flashed on the screen.


At our first OB appointment, my doctor scheduled me for an ultrasound the next day to check the baby and date the pregnancy. We were thrilled to get our first glimpse of our baby on August 29th and see the little flashing light indicating a strong heartbeat! It also showed I was about 8 weeks pregnant. We decided to just tell a few people the news at first, and it was so hard to keep it a secret!

Every appointment since then has continued to bring good news that both the baby and I are healthy, and we are excited to meet our little one who is due April 6, 2008!

No comments: