Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Glamour Girl

Claire had another "first" recently - her first time to wear makeup.  One of her friends from school had a birthday party at a local kids' salon that included dressing up, a hair style, makeup, a visit from a "princess", a fashion show, and a dance party.  I was planning on having her pass on the makeup, but she was so excited that I couldn't say no.  She had such fun picking out colors and loved dancing around with her friends.

IMG_2190[1]

For the fashion show, one of the hosts asked each girl her name, age, and what she wanted to be when she grows up.  They shared this info during the little show, and Claire said she wanted to be a mommy.  :)  A couple of flashes went off when I took her picture with my phone, so it is way overexposed, but I still love how you can see her huge smile.  It was fun to watch my shy girl enjoy the spotlight.

IMG_2191[1]

IMG_2192[1]

Dance party!
IMG_2193[1]

The salon has a few special car chairs for little kids to sit in during haircuts (Will likes the Lightning McQueen chair, and Claire usually chooses the jeep).  Before we left, C and one of her friends climbed in a car and pretended to go for a ride.  I wasn't so sure how I felt about this little flash forward!

IMG_2194[1]

No comments: