Thursday, August 23, 2012

"I See Rhinos!"

The kids and I went to the zoo a couple of weeks ago, and this latest trip seemed to make a big impression on Will.  Almost every day we have some form of the following conversation (usually at 6 am when he's up and I'm rocking him to try to keep him from waking up Claire):

Will:  "Mommy!  I see rhinos!"
Me:  "Yes - when we went to the zoo, we saw the rhinos."
W:  "Mommy!  I see monkeys!  Ooh ooh ahh ahh!!!"
M:  "Yes - we saw monkeys.  They were really funny and loud."
W:  "Mommy!  I see jaguar!  Seepy.  [Sleepy]"
M:  "That's right - the jaguar was sleeping when we saw him."
W:  "Jaguar.  Shooo-wee!"

The last part of this conversation had me a little confused, but a couple of days later I remembered that when we were walking by the jaguar, I said something about the flamingos (which are on the other side) being really stinky and that we should keep going.  It's interested to see how much he already remembers - such a funny (and verbal!) little guy!

1 comment:

The Roberts' said...

He is super verbal! So funny.