Friday, April 08, 2011

Happy Birthday Claire

Dear Claire, My darling girl...how is it possible that you are already 3 years old? It seems like it's only been a few weeks since we met you for the first time.

IMG_0497



The past 3 years have been filled with more laughter and joy than I knew was possible. You are turning into quite the little comedian, and you love to make your mommy, daddy and little brother laugh.

The past few months have brought some big changes in your life, and you've handled them with more maturity than I could have ever expected from a toddler. Obviously the biggest change has been the arrival of Will. You absolutely adore your little brother, and you get so excited each time you see him. He's pretty fond of you, too - I think you get the biggest smiles and laughs from him.

Although you're not a big talker, your vocabularly continues to grow each day, and there is no doubt that you understand (and remember!) just about everything we say. We love to watch your analytical mind at work. You spend hours each week playing with your Legos, puzzles, and matching game. You also love all of your play food and are always bringing us pieces of pizza, cookies or cupcakes that you've decorated with your favorite toppings. TV isn't something that holds your attention for very long, except when we are on long car rides. You do like to watch Blue's Clues and Elmo (Thomas has fallen out of favor) for about 10 minutes in the mornings or in the evening after dinner. I'm glad that you would rather play, and I hope that continues as you get older.

You are small in size, but big in appetite. You will eat a fairly large variety of foods for someone your age. Lately you've tried and liked: tacos, hummus, celery, "ants on a log", and guacamole. Your favorites are still peanut butter, applesauce and yogurt. I don't know where all of that food goes - your teachers say that you eat more and finish lunch more quickly than most of your classmates!

Lately you have really been testing your boundaries. While at times this is frustrating for all of us, we know that this phase will end (eventually, right?) and that it is part of your development. You are growing so fast!

Overall, you are an incredibly sweet, loving, helpful, beautiful girl, and I am eternally blessed that you are my child. God has given me more than I could ever imagine, and I pray that you will grow to know and love Him as your heavenly Father and Savior in the years to come.

Happy birthday sweet girl!

Love, Mommy

Note to all you readers out there - please leave a comment wishing Claire a "Happy Birthday", even you lurkers who never say anything. :) I'm going to include them all in our blog book for this year so she will be able to keep them. Thanks!

11 comments:

bb said...

Happy Birthday, Claire! You are such a special girl, and I hope you have a wonderful day!!

The adventures of a lifetime said...

Happy Birthday, Claire! My prayer for you is that you come to know the Lord at an early age and find joy in Him for the rest of your years. Love, Jennie

Jenni said...

Happy birthday Claire!! You are a very special little one!

LauraC said...

Happy happy birthday Claire! I have loved seeing pictures of you and hearing about your life. You are lucky to have such wonderful parents!

Anonymous said...

A very happy birthday to a very special grand daughter. Love you, Grand daddy Martin and Grandmommy

Lindsay said...

Happy 3th Birthday, precious Claire! Have fun being THREE!

Aunt Nancy said...

Happy Birthday, Claire! Already three years old! I love seeing your pictures and reading about all of the things you do. Will you bake me a birthday cake next time I see you?
Love you.

liddellbb@aol.com said...

Bob and I love visiting you and seeing all the things you can do. You are growing into a very independent and talented little girl that we love very much. You are a special blessing.
Happy, happy birthday, Claire. Ma

Sheila Abel said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Claire! Although we don't get to see you nearly enough, thanks to The Blog,we
can read about all of your little antics and milestones! We love you
VERY much. Happy 3rd, Claire!
Love you! Aunt La-La & Uncle Robert

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday 3. You are so pretty and energetic. Love, great Grandparents B

Amy's Mom said...

Sweet, Precious Claire! You are truly a Joy and one of my life's greatest blessings! It was so special to be there for your birthday party and share in the fun as you laughed and played with your friends. Each time I see you I marvel at the new things you have learned to do and say. You have a very special mommy and daddy who love you very much; I love the way they interact with you and how they always find time to give you your own special time each day. You, Will, Mommy and Daddy are in my prayers every day. We love you so very much! Nana and Granddaddy