Friday, February 05, 2010

Homemade Play Doh

Claire was a little under the weather yesterday so I kept her at home today. She was able to sleep in and take it easy and was up for running some errands this morning. After her afternoon nap and snack, she was ready for some fun. This month's issue of Southern Living had a recipe for homemade play dough, so we gave it a try. Claire was so excited about helping dump the ingredients in the bowl and stirring. I accidentally left my camera in Robert's car, but fortunately the point & shoot was nearby and I was able to get some snapshots of the fun.




The first recipe was a bust (way too soupy) so I did a quick google search and found this one on Cooks.com. It used the same ingredients but in completely differnt proportions. We gave it a try - success! Claire had fun digging at it with a measuring spoon and pressing cookie cutters into it.




We will definitely have to try more little projects like this in the future!

1 comment:

Amy's Mom said...

Claire looks like she was really engrossed in working with that play dough! I'm sure she loved helping Mommy.