Thursday, January 06, 2011

2011 Resolutions

While I have a few quiet minutes at the computer, I wanted to take some time to document a few goals for 2011. This is not a complete list, but these are ones I'll probably blog about so I wanted to go ahead and share.
  1. Lose the remaining pregnancy weight. By 3 weeks post-partum, I'd lost 24 pounds, leaving about 10 to go. I gained a couple back over the holidays - darn you tempting holiday goodies! I hope to be back to my pre-pregnancy weight in a few months, or at least replace some of those pounds with muscle! :) I had my first workout yesterday since about 5 weeks before I had Will, and I am SORE. Thank you Jillian Michaels and your 30 Day Shred video!

  2. Complete my Project Life scrapbook. For a couple of years I've been thinking about doing a 365 Project where you take a photo a day for a year. Right before Christmas I stumbled onto the Project Life system, and it totally appealed to me. It makes the documentation so easy, and I like that it can be modified in so many ways. Instead of focusing on a photo a day, I'm going to try to get at least 5-7 photos each week. This takes a little of the pressure off for me. I started yesterday, so my weeks will run on Monday - Sunday (I didn't want to break up the weekend days). I plan to share my photos on Flickr - a link to the set is here. I am so excited to document a year of everyday life for our family and know it will be something we will love to review for years to come.

  3. Do more sewing. It's something I love, and I tend to not spend time doing it because I am intimidated by patterns, don't want to mess up my nice fabrics, etc. I need to just jump in and do more, and now that I have a room set up where I don't have to put everything up right away, I'm running out of excuses. :)

  4. Find a new balance as a mother of two, being intentional about my time with my husband and each of my kids while still having time for myself.

No comments: